We aim to make a positive and lasting difference to all children, families and the wider community through our secure, caring environment in which children are given equal opportunity to feel valued, have their individual needs met and reach their full potential.
- Our school is child-centred. We believe that every child has his or her own strengths. It is our responsibility to help our children discover and develop their abilities and employ them in improving their educational standards and opportunities in life.
- The school recognises that children think and learn differently and that intelligence can be expressed in multiple ways. We are in inclusive school and believe in valuing individuals for their talents. We want to instil confidence in our pupils and engender an appetite for learning. We build confidence and excitement about learning while learning while developing each pupil's unique abilities.
- At Dulverton Junior School we provide the broadest curriculum possible to create opportunities for pupils to demonstrate their unique intelligence; whether reading, writing, drawing, leading people, problem solving, understanding their environment and nature. We provide a safe and secure environment in which all individuals are are respected and valued.
- We work closely with Exmoor National Park Authority to provide opportunities to learn outdoors.
- Working with our Federated school - All Saints CoE School , we are able to know children and their abilities well, from Reception Year to Year 6. We therefore can ensure continuity and progression in their development throughout their school career within the Federation.
At all stages of the curriculum the schools in The Exmoor Federation use the environment of Exmoor to support the teaching. Our surroundings offer a great educational resource and we take every opportunity to use them to give the children of Exmoor the best educational experience possible.
On the basis that happy pupils learn best we try to make school too good to miss!