It is with regret that the Chair of Governors and I have made the difficult decision to postpone the year 5 Bristol residential trip taking place on 28th February to 1 March.
Although the weather forecast is bright, sunny and cold tomorrow, we have serious concerns about the forecast for Thursday. The Met Office have issued a Yellow warning for wind and snow and an Amber warning for snow and ice; these warnings cover Bristol, Taunton and Dulverton.
The safety of the children is paramount, as well as the safety of parents collecting children from Taunton Station and staff members getting home. It was therefore decided that it was not worth the considerable risk.
The children are understandably disappointed but we hope we have your support in our decision.
The year 5 residential will be rescheduled to a new date which is yet to be set. The school will take the financial responsibility for money lost and with the help of year 5 fundraising we plan get a new date booked soon.
For now, money paid from parents will be kept on ParentPay for the rescheduled trip.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.